Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Party Printables!

I love birthday parties! I thought I used to do a good job with birthday parties until I discovered making my own printables.  I saw Amanda of A-Manda Creation speak about printables at a scrap retreat earlier this year and was inspired.  She does amazing things like decorate her boys rooms with her kits, make gifts, candy wrappers for Valentine's, Father's Day Subway art and gifts, Cute Thanksgiving PrintablesSanta Gift Tags, and much much more!  So I mentioned to her that my daughter's first birthday was going to be themed after her favorite little mouse that owns a bow shop...and if she felt inspired could she make a kit.  She did and it is GORGEOUS! I just love "Bow-tique" Don't you?
You can get it here in Amanda's store.  So I might have gone a little crazy using this kit to make printables!  First I made her invitation...
And printed them at Costco.  I love their printing services!  So cheap and they looked great!  On to the party! I made bag toppers for the goodie bags... I needed big bags to fit the goodies so these were huge!  I used the little mirror elements to add one of Kinsey's 1st birthday pictures to the bag toppers.

(Her pictures were taken by Jennifer of Greyberry Photography. Love her!)
I also made little menu cards for each of the foods we served. We went with kid friendly fare and themed them all based off of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so we had Mickey's Meatball Panini's, Pluto's Hot Dogs, Goofy Juice, Coca Loca's Cupcakes, Pete's Pop, etc...

 
We even had Goofy Juice... I made wraps for the juice boxes out of papers for the kit and found a fun Goofy font!  According to Amanda you can wrap ANYTHING! (I did learn though that you should take the straws off and glue them on the back after wrapping if you want your cute wraps to stay on. I figured this out about 10 juice boxes in)
 
I also made centerpieces.  I found a bunch of ideas on Pinterest and combined them all. I used the kit to make all of the little circles to add to the pots with her name and 1's and little Minnies.  How cute!
 
 This last touch is where I think my whole family realized I had gone off the deep end.  I also made wraps for the water bottles that said "Happy Birthday Kinsey"
I had designed a banner but ran out of time to get it printed up so it didn't make it to the party but I think we had more than enough to make it AMAZING!
I love that now I don't have to spend a fortune on things at the Party Store and it can be completely personalized to my party!!! My oldest is already asking what we are going to do for her "Bee-Day Party" theme for her 4th birthday! How cute is that?  I've already recruited a designer to design her kit... Here's a peek at "Happy Bee-Day" by Designs by Snowlady!
Come back tomorrow for a look at the printables I made for the baby shower I threw for a co-worker two days before Kinsey's party... yep I took on two major events at my house in one week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment